USCIS Shifting Cases from VSC to NSC

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services initiated on shifting certain cases from the Vermont Service Center (VSC) to the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) to equalize the level of work and to minimize the processing timeframes.

The Nebraska Service Center is now responsible for processing the following applications:

  • Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, for petitioners seeking H-1B nonimmigrant type visas
  • Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status for H-4 nonimmigrant visas
  • Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, for H-4 nonimmigrants filing for employment authorization.

Will This Change Affect your Application?

Once your case has been transferred a transfer notification will be sent to you and your receipt number will remain the same. A transfer cannot obstruct the processing of your immigration case.

All applicants are reminded to wait two weeks before checking the National Customer Service Center website for processing timeframes. Learn more about processing times on the USCIS Processing Time Information Page.

For those applicants still waiting on a notice from USCIS or NCSC, feel free to contact the National Customer Service Center for a status check of the Form I-129, if you are petitioning on behalf of the applicant or for the Form I-539 and or I-765, if you are the lawful petitioner or legal representative of the beneficiary.

Instructions and filing locations for the above mentioned application forms remain the same. All beneficiaries are encouraged to continue filing forms at the designated address as requested on the application forms. Carefully follow instructions and for more information you can visit the USCIS website.

For applicants seeking premium processing services must follow these instructions:

  • Complete Form I-907
  • Pay the premium processing fee
  • Send Form I-907 to:

USCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87129
Lincoln, NE 68501-7129

  • Visit the premium processing service page for more information regarding the Form I-907

Keeping Track of Your Immigration Case

USCIS has made the tracking of a case easily accessible online by entering a receipt number. All persons applying can now receive case status updates through email by simply signing up. Ask your immigration attorney for help.

Remember that if you have not received any updated information regarding your case, do not panic. You can easily submit a status level inquiry by using the e-Request mechanism or you can call USCIS at 800-375-5283 for a status check.

When making inquiries about the status of your case it is required that you provide a receipt number and clearly state that your case was transferred to another office.

Remain Calm if you Receive a Request for Evidence

Even if your case has been transferred and you received a notification that is known as the Request for Evidence document; remain calm. Make sure that you read instructions carefully and if you do not understand what to do; ask an immigration attorney to help you.

A request for evidence is not a denial, you are fortunate if have received an RFE because you have been given another opportunity to provide USCIS with more supporting evidence. Other applicants are directly denied and then are forcibly removed from the U.S.

Always Notify USCIS of Change of Address

Just as you want to be informed regarding the status of your case, it is common courtesy that you also notify USCIS of any changes made when you have a case pending.

If you moved from the state where you were living in when you filed your immigration application, submit a change of address to the designated USCIS office that is handling your case.

Everyone likes receiving updated notifications from USCIS; therefore, following procedure is very important. Ultimately, the goal here is to work hand in hand with USCIS and the other offices that are handling your case.

If you need legal assistance call an immigration attorney’s office. The Gambacorta Law Office is ready to work on your immigration case. Feel free to call us today at 847-443-9303 for an office appointment.

Realted Articles :