Dreamers/Deferred Action (DACA)

Skokie Dreamers & Deferred Action Attorney

Protecting the Immigration Status of Your Loved Ones

In 2012, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) became restricted on how and when they could deport undocumented youth in the U.S. If a youth qualifies under this new law (referred to as Deferred Actions), they could temporarily stay in the United States. If you or a loved one are facing deportation, let the Skokie Dreamers and Deferred Action lawyer at Gambacorta Law help you get through the legal challenges.

Call (847) 443-9303 now or contact Gambacorta Law online.

Deferred action is only valid for two years, but it can be renewed. During that time, undocumented youths have the option of applying for a visa or other form of permanent residency so that they do not get deported when their deferred actions expires.

How Deferred Action Works

Deferred action is a form of deportation relief. This action allows non-U.S. citizens to stay in the United States on a temporary basis. Individuals who are granted deferred action can also apply for a work permit during that period.

These cases are granted on a case-by-case basis, so not everyone will qualify under the U.S. immigration laws. The DHS will decide whether or not an applicant can have deferred action.

Do You Qualify For Deferred Action?

Because deferred action is temporary, it should not be used as a permanent solution. Instead, those granted deferred actions should work toward permanent residency or finding a way to become a U.S. citizen.

You may qualify for deferred action if:

  • You were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012 and were present in the U.S.
  • You came to the U.S. prior to your 16th birthday.
  • You have resided in the U.S. continuously since June 15, 2007 up to the present time.
  • You were in the U.S. on June 15, 2012 as well as at the time you requested deferred actions.
  • You have no unlawful statuses as of June 15, 2012.
  • You are currently a full-time student or have received a high school diploma or equivalent certificate of completion from high school, such as a GED certificate.
  • You were honorably discharged from the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States.
  • You have not been convicted of a felony or any severe misdemeanor and you do not pose a threat to national security or public safety.

How to Apply

If you think you qualify for deferred action, speak to an experienced immigration attorney. While the basic qualifications are simple, there are additional qualifications under each category as well as documentation that must be provided in order to have your application approved. There are also multiple forms, biometrics, and other fees you must complete as part of your application, all which can be highly confusing to those who do not understand U.S. immigration.

The attorneys at Gambacorta Law understand these complex processes and can help you with your initial application or even your renewal. We may be able to help you file for a fee exemption so that you do not have to pay steep fees to submit your application to the U.S. government.

Call (847) 443-9303 or contact us online now to get started.


  • Specializing in Complex Immigration Cases

  • Willing to Travel to Clients When Needed

  • Personally Been Through the Immigration Process

  • Services in Tagalog, Thai, Spanish & Vietnamese


  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.


  • Sincere Dedication

    “I can't express how appreciative I am to have found him. My husband is back home with us now and we are celebrating our 8 year anniversary this Friday. Thank you for your sincere dedication Mr. Gambacorta, you brought my family back together.”

    - Nicole
  • Extraordinarily Helpful

    “The temple and Khun Tim have an ongoing relationship and I continue to refer Thai people to him when I know that Thai people are in need of an immigration lawyer.”

    - Anonymous
  • Passion for Helping People

    “I have never been so impressed by an attorney, as this is simply one of the "good guys!" He has a passion for helping people, and for not giving up.”

    - Karla
  • Always Very Attentive to Me and My Family During This Process

    “He successfully help me obtain a working permit card in the U.S., amongst other benefits, as part of the new law in Illinois (The Dream ACT).”

    - Norman Jr.
  • Thoughtful, Thorough, and Most Importantly, Practical

    “I have worked with Tim for almost 3 years and have never been disappointed in any aspect of his work.”

    - Hung