An immigration lawyer does a lot more than help you get a green card. In fact, immigration lawyers in Chicago take on many roles as well as assist you in defending your rights, even if you don’t think you have any. An experienced immigration attorney can prevent deportation, help you apply for citizenship, and much more.
The Role of an Immigration Attorney
An immigration attorney works as your advisor, helping you interact with U.S. immigration officials. An immigration attorney will provide you with advice regarding your citizenship and can give you guidance for immigration matters including visa applications, green cards, and naturalization.
Your immigration attorney will also represent you in court, if needed. However, most of an immigration attorney’s time is spent working as a mediator between an applicant and the USCIS.
What Situations Would Require an Immigration Lawyer?
If you need assistance during the immigration process in any way, then you should contact an immigration attorney as soon as possible. But, there are certain situations when an attorney is necessary, such as:
- You have been convicted of a crime. If you are applying for citizenship, but have been convicted of a crime, you must disclose this information—and your chances for approval decline significantly. You don’t need a criminal attorney; instead, you need an immigration attorney that can explain your charge to the USCIS official.
- You have been denied in the past. If you have applied for a green card or visa in the past, but you have been denied, you should hire an attorney for the next attempt. He or she can assess the reasons for your initial denial and help improve your chances the second time around.
- You or a loved one has a medical condition. A medical condition can sometimes change the type of application you must submit. And, certain medical conditions could prevent you from entering the U.S. at all.
- You are coming to the United States to accept a job, but your employer isn’t helping. Sometimes employers don’t have the time or knowledge to help their overseas employees come to the U.S. In these situations, you should hire an immigration lawyer for assistance.
- You or a loved one is about to be deported. Immigration lawyers in Chicago can help prevent deportation and possibly even get you or your loved one approved for citizenship so you aren’t threatened with deportation again.
Some other common reasons an immigration attorney is needed include:
- Marriage to a U.S. citizen
- Helping family come to the U.S. after obtaining citizenship
- Immigrating to the U.S. with your entire family
- You are an entrepreneur looking to come to the U.S.
Contact an Immigration Attorney Now
While an immigration lawyer may cost money, they can also save you time and hassle. They can help improve your chances for approval, help prevent you from being deported, and even help bring your loved ones to the U.S. Meet with the immigration experts at The Gambacorta Law Office today by calling 847-443-9303 now.