EB-1 Visa Attorneys in Skokie
Employment-Based Immigration Services
This first preference category—also called the Extraordinary Ability Aliens category—is given to individuals who specialize in the fields of science, art, business, education, and athletics. These individuals must prove they have risen to the top of their field.
If you need legal representation as you apply for an EB-1 visa, turn to Gambacorta Law. Our Skokie EB-1 attorneys can help you navigate the application process and ensure that your application is as strong as it can be.
Benefits of EB-1
Compared to other employment-based visas, the EB-1 offers significant benefits to those who receive it. One major benefit is that you do not need Labor Certification (PERM). On top of that, Extraordinary Ability Aliens do not need a specific job offer as long as they can show that they are entering the United States to work in the field in which they have extraordinary ability. Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age can obtain green cards as derivatives if accompanying the main beneficiary.
Qualifying for EB-1
Unfortunately, this qualification is not easy to obtain.
It requires that you prove your excellence by receiving an award or prize (similar to the Nobel Prize) or by having at least three of the following:
- Documentation of lesser-recognized awards of excellence in your specialty field
- Documentation proving your membership in associations for specialists in your field that are judged by other professionals or international experts
- Evidence that you have participated as an individual or in a panel as a judge of others in the same specialty
- Published materials in major trade publications or major media relating to your specific work
- Evidence of authorship
- Evidence of your original scientific, artistic, athletic, scholarly, or business-related intellectual property
- Evidence of your works that have been displayed publicly through exhibitions or showcases
- Evidence of commercial success
- Evidence that you have earned a high salary due to your excellence in your specialty
- Evidence that you have played a critical role in organizations for your specialty
Why You Need an Attorney for EB-1 First Preference
While you may be a specialist in your field, the EB-1 application process is extremely complex. The U.S. government wants you to prove your excellence and, most importantly, prove that you entering the country benefits the United States.
Your application’s approval is at the discretion of the USCIS. Even with documented proof of your ability, you may not be able to accurately highlight your skills for the individuals reviewing your application.
An immigration attorney can help highlight the right information, ensure you have proper documentation, and represent your case during the visa application process. At Gambacorta Law, we have represented hundreds of EB-1 applicants with a high success rate.