EB-3 Visa Attorneys in Skokie
Handling Employment-Based Immigration Cases
Third preference employment-based visas are capped at about 40,000 per year, plus any unused visas from the first two employment-based categories.
The EB-3 visa is available for:
- Professionals: Individuals whose jobs require at least a U.S. baccalaureate degree or the foreign equivalent
- Skilled workers: Individuals whose jobs require a minimum of two years of training or work experience.
- Other workers: Individuals who perform unskilled labor requiring less than two years of training or experience.
Keep in mind that the EB-3 visa is not available to temporary or seasonal workers.
At Gambacorta Law, we are proud to help foreign nationals and American employers navigate the complexities of U.S. immigration law to achieve their goals. Our Skokie EB-3 lawyers can review your case and help you petition for this employment-based visa.
Give us a call at (847) 443-9303 today to get started.
Eligibility Requirements for EB-3 Visas
To qualify for an EB-3, you must:
- Have labor certification
- Have a permanent, full-time job offer
- Be able to demonstrate that you will be performing work for which a qualified U.S. worker is not available
The EB-3 preference category requires that your employer must first obtain Labor Certification (PERM) from the Department of Labor. Moreover, after receiving labor certification, your employer (the petitioner) must file for an immigrant petition. Your employer will have to prove that they can pay your wage as of your visa priority date. To do so, they can use an annual report, a federal income tax return, or an audited financial statement.
You may file for adjustment of status or proceed with consular processing when your visa becomes numerically available. Unfortunately, because of backlogs, you may have to wait for many years for your visa to become available. Skilled workers from countries like India, Philippines, and Mexico may have to wait even longer. Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age are qualified to obtain green cards if accompanying the main beneficiary.
You Need an Immigration Lawyer for Your Visa Application
Bringing your employee to the U.S. could be a life-changing event for the employee and his or her family; however, this requires going through an intricate process that only a legal professional can effectively help you with.
Immigration laws are constantly changing. As such, you need an immigration lawyer to assist you through the process, complying with the latest and applicable bureaucratic requirements for your application. Our EB-3 lawyers in Skokie are here to help.
find out more information below:
- EB-3 Third Preference – Employment Based Immigration Professional
- EB-3 Third Preference – Employment Based Immigration Skilled Workers
- EB-3 Third Preference – Employment Based Immigration Other Workers (Unskilled Workers)
- EB-3 Third Preference – Employment Based Immigration--Generally(1)
Call Gambacorta Law at (847) 443-9303 today to schedule an initial consultation.