K-1 Fiancee Visa

K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa Attorneys in Skokie

Helping Couples Reunite in the U.S.

The K-1 visa, also known as the fiancé(e) visa, permits foreign-citizen fiancés to travel to the United States and marry their U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. Because a fiancé(e) visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry a citizen shortly after their arrival, the fiancé(e) must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa. The eligible children of K-1 visa applicants receive K-2 visas.

If you need help procuring a K-1 visa for yourself or your fiancé(e), consult with Gambacorta Law today. Our K-1 visa lawyers in Skokie have helped numerous couples reunite in the U.S. We look forward to hearing your story and helping you move forward.

Call (847) 443-9303 now to get started on your case.

Applying for a K-1 Visa

To begin the process, your U.S. citizen fiancé must file Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé on your behalf with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Filing the petition requires a statement that the two of you will enter a bona fide marriage within 90 days of your arrival to the United States. The two of you must have met in person within two years unless one of the exceptions applies to your case.

Once the USCIS approves of the petition, it forwards the file to the National Visa Center (NVC), which completes the initial processing for the K-1 visa. From there, the NVC forwards the file to the American Consulate where you will be applying for the K-1 visa. The petition is valid for a period of four months from the date of USCIS action and may be revalidated by the consular officer.

Please note that in the event the foreign national enters the United States but does not marry the U.S. petitioner, the K-1 visa is invalidated. Another common scenario we see is when a K-1 fiancé marries the petitioner, then divorces and marries someone else. The foreign national is precluded from applying for permanent residency on the basis of the marriage to the new U.S. citizen.

Click here to find out more information.

To find out more about the procedural steps involved and an estimate of fees, call our K-1 visa lawyers in Skokie at (847) 443-9303.


  • Sincere Dedication

    “I can't express how appreciative I am to have found him. My husband is back home with us now and we are celebrating our 8 year anniversary this Friday. Thank you for your sincere dedication Mr. Gambacorta, you brought my family back together.”

    - Nicole
  • Extraordinarily Helpful

    “The temple and Khun Tim have an ongoing relationship and I continue to refer Thai people to him when I know that Thai people are in need of an immigration lawyer.”

    - Anonymous
  • Passion for Helping People

    “I have never been so impressed by an attorney, as this is simply one of the "good guys!" He has a passion for helping people, and for not giving up.”

    - Karla
  • Always Very Attentive to Me and My Family During This Process

    “He successfully help me obtain a working permit card in the U.S., amongst other benefits, as part of the new law in Illinois (The Dream ACT).”

    - Norman Jr.
  • Thoughtful, Thorough, and Most Importantly, Practical

    “I have worked with Tim for almost 3 years and have never been disappointed in any aspect of his work.”

    - Hung