Can My Fiancé(e)'s Children Also Come to the U.S. On a K-1 Visa?

If you are planning to get married to a foreign national and bring them to the US, you may be wondering if their children can also come with them on a K-1 visa. The answer is yes, but there are certain steps you need to take to ensure that their children are eligible for the visa and that their application is processed correctly.

Here are some tips to help you include your fiancé(e)'s children on a K-1 visa:

1. Check the age of the children

To be eligible for a K-1 visa, your fiancé(e)'s children must be unmarried and under 21 years of age. If they are over 21, they may qualify for a different type of visa, such as a family-based visa.

2. Include the children in the K-1 visa petition

When you file the K-1 visa petition for your fiancé(e), you can also include their children on the same application. You will need to provide their personal information and supporting documents, such as birth certificates and passports.

3. Apply for K-2 visas for the children

Once the K-1 visa is approved, you can apply for K-2 visas for your fiancé(e)'s children. This process involves submitting additional forms and documents, such as the DS-160 application and medical exams.

4. Prepare for the interview

Both your fiancé(e) and their children will need to attend an interview at the US embassy or consulate in their home country. Make sure they are prepared for the interview by reviewing the requirements and practicing their answers to common questions.

5. Get help from an immigration lawyer

Navigating the K-1 visa process can be complex, especially when you are also including children on the application. Consider hiring an immigration lawyer to help you with the process and ensure that everything is done correctly.

It is possible to include your fiancé(e)'s children on a K-1 visa, but it requires careful planning and attention to detail. By following these tips and seeking the help of an immigration lawyer, you can increase your chances of success and reunite your family in the US.

Contact Our Skokie Family Visa Lawyers

At Gambacorta Law, we understand the challenges of the immigration process and are here to help you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our K-1 visa services and how we can assist you in bringing your loved ones to the US.

When you need an advocate, choose Gambacorta LawContact us online or call us at (847) 443-9303 today.