Another Visa Designed For Relatives Of U.S. Citizens is the F-3 Visa

The F3 Visa is another of the Family-Based Green Cards. It also belongs to the Preference Relative category along with the F2A, F2B and F4 visas, which has a cap on how many can be granted to applicants each fiscal year.

An F3 Visa allows married children of United States citizens, as well as their dependents to accompany them in the U.S. Dependents cover their spouses and any other children younger than 21 years of age.

When an F3 visa application is approved, the F3 visa beneficiaries and their families can legally work in the U.S without having the need to apply for a work permit. It also allows for the dependents to study part or full-time without any restrictions. Before applying for an F3 visa get an immigration attorney's advice.

Family Preference Visas by Categories

Besides the F3 visa there are four other Family Visas and they are:

  • F-1 Visa designed for unmarried sons and daughters who are 21 years of age or older of U.S. citizens
  • F-2 Visa which caters to spouses and unmarried children who are younger than 21 years of US Green card beneficiaries and F-2B visa is structured to cover unmarried children who are 21 years old or older of US Green card holders
  • F-3 Visa is designed for married children of U.S. citizens
  • F-4 Visa is intended for siblings of US citizens who are 21 years of age or older

All of these visa classifications are subject to annual numeric caps on how many are accessible to applicants. This means that all applicants may have to wait several years before obtaining a US Green Card.

What Makes an Applicant Qualify for an F-3 Visa?

Anyone who is a married child of a US citizen might be eligible for an F-3 Visa. Those desiring to apply for an F-3 visa must meet a certain criteria:

  • Be the child of a US citizen parent. Every applicant must show proof of parent and child relationship through a valid birth certificate or adoption documents
  • Must be over the age of 21
  • Must be lawfully married and provide a valid marriage certificate

If you doubt that you qualify for an F-3 visa contact your nearest immigration lawyer.

Applying For an F-3 Visa

One of the first steps to applying for an F-3 Visa requires a US sponsor to file a petition with the United States and Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the applicant. To be able to sponsor an individual for an F-3 visa that person needs to meet the following requirements:

  • Have a US citizenship status
  • Have a married child older than 21 years old who is living abroad
  • Have a valid US address

After an F-3 visa application has been submitted once it has been approved USCIS will transfer that application to the National Visa Center. Make sure that you have an immigration lawyer helping you with the process.

Time To Contact An Immigration Attorney

Whether you are the primary applicant or petitioner filing on behalf of the applicant for an F-3 visa you will need to seek help from an immigration law expert. Here at Gambacorta Law Office we pride ourselves in providing excellent legal services from the beginning of any application process. Call us immediately for an appointment at 847 443 9303.